Positional Shooting Seminar Equipment List
This is considered to be an intermediate level course, so you’ll probably already have a grasp on what you like. However, for the newer shooters let’s start this off by saying that you don’t need the latest and greatest gear that everyone in the competitive world is using to be successful in precision shooting! All the whiz-bang attachments for your rifle with bags and pods and pads are trick, but we’ll volunteer a bet (conditions of said bet determined individually) that after this course you’ll find yourself needing a rifle, a shooting bag, and your body. Your success is determined by you and you only! Bring what you have, and use this training course as an opportunity to see what really works for you. We have a slew of gear for you to use in the event you want to try it out or don’t have something, so please before you spend a bunch of money, ask us first!
- A precision rifle capable of shooting at least 1 Minute of Angle groups at 100 yards.
- A magnified optic with exposed target style turrets. (Bring your manual and tools!)
- A scope bubble level. (If it’s not installed, don’t worry, we’ll do that in class.)
- 2x Magazines (If your rifle uses detachable magazines.)
- A bipod, capable of Left/Right cant adjustments.
- A rifle sling. (We recommend the Magpul MS1 Sling.)
- Clothing appropriate for the weather. (We recommend a merino wool hooded sun shirt, long baggy pants, and a floppy hat.)
- Folding chair
- Water (Plan on consuming at least 1 gallon per day.)
- Food for lunch, and snacks if you need them.
There is no such thing as bad weather, only a poor choice in clothing.
- Laser Rangefinder
- Spotting Scope
- Shooting Tripod
Looking for the rest of the courses?
This is an equipment list for one of our In-person seminars. For more information about the courses and training that we offer, visit our main page.