Precision Rifle 101 Equipment List
THE GEAR…IT’S BECOME A RACE UNTO ITSELF!
Let’s start this off by saying that you don’t need the latest and greatest gear that everyone in the competitive world is using to be successful in precision shooting! Your success is determined by you, and you only. Bring what you have, and use this training course as an opportunity to see what really works for you. We have a slew of gear for you to use in the event you don’t have something, so please before you spend a bunch of money, ask us first!
Overall, if there’s ANY question on the gear listed here, please don’t hesitate to reach out and ask us. If there’s anything specific outside this list that you’ll need for our sessions together we’ll discuss that individually.
- A precision rifle capable of shooting at least 1 Minute of Angle groups at 100 yards.
- A magnified optic with exposed target-style turrets. (Bring your manual and tools!)
- A scope bubble level. (If it’s not installed, don’t worry, we’ll do that in class.)
- 2x Magazines (If your rifle uses detachable magazines.)
- A bipod, capable of Left/Right cant adjustments.
- A rifle sling. (We recommend the Magpul MS1 Sling.)
(We have a lot of this gear available for shared/loaned use during the course.)
- Laser Rangefinder
- Spotting Scope
- Shooting Tripod
- The Hornady 4 DOF Ballistic Solver application on your smartphone.
- Shooting mat (If you really need one….)
- Rear shooting support. (We recommend the Armageddon Gear Pint-Sized Gamechanger Bag)
- Rifle cleaning kit. (Watch this video here for what we recommend.)
- Notebook with pen, pencil, and a black sharpie marker.
- Daypack capable of hauling all your range gear. (We recommend the Stone Glacier Kiowa bag.)
There is no such thing as bad weather, only a poor choice in clothing.
- Clothing appropriate for the weather. (We recommend a merino wool hooded sun shirt, long baggy pants, and a floppy hat.)
- Folding chair
- Water (Plan on consuming at least 1 gallon per day.)
- Food for lunch, and snacks if you need them.
Looking for the rest of the courses?
This is an equipment list for one of our In-person seminars. For more information about the courses and training that we offer, visit our main page.