Let us coach you through your rifle’s circle of components and show you how to lock down all the possible variables in your system. By the time you complete this training, you’re going to have an in-depth understanding of your precision shooting system like you’ve never had before. You’ll know these components inside and out, and with that knowledge, you’ll be able to troubleshoot eventual problems you’ll experience down the road on your own.
What you will learn...
- Understanding the mission of the law enforcement sniper
- Law enforcement sniper employment
- Selection and occupation of positions in rural and urban environments
- Camouflage and individual movement
- Collecting and reporting of information
- Fundamentals of precision marksmanship
- The precision rifle, optics, ammunition, and the shooter
- Angular units of measure
- Internal, External, and Terminal ballistics
- Ballistic computer programs and data collection
- Defeating intermediate barriers and understanding their composition
- Unconventional and tripod shooting positions
- Individual equipment set-up and management
- Known and unknown target engagements from 70-500 yards
- Basic Law Enforcement Sniper Qualification Course
- Introduction to night operations
What should I take?
The Basic Law Enforcement Sniper Course is designed to take a screened and qualified sniper candidate without any prior precision rifle knowledge and turn them into a basically trained law enforcement sniper who possesses all the skills necessary to properly employ themselves in a wide variety of circumstances. From a law enforcement sniper perspective, it is very difficult to delineate what a basic skill is from an advanced skill simply because of the dynamic of a crisis site dictates the complexity of the resolution. The MDS Basic LE Sniper Course focuses on building the critical skills that a sniper needs to be effective under a wide variety of circumstances.