Students MUST hold a certificate of completion for a Basic Law Enforcement Sniper course (diploma) from a credible organization, and be prepared to present a copy of that certificate upon registration. If you do not hold this certificate, please join us for our next Basic Law Enforcement Sniper Course.
The Advanced Law Enforcement Sniper curriculum is designed to provide the basically trained LE sniper with additional skills to further enhance individual performance in the areas of marksmanship, problem solving, and equipment management. Building on the simplicity of the basics, the advanced curriculum provides the student with drills and practical application exercises meant to streamline and enhance already learned core skills. Students will be exposed to advanced shooting drills which will focus on positive target identification, effective communication skills, and tighter time limits and accuracy standards. Topics to be discussed:
- Advanced internal, external and terminal ballistics
- Ballistic computer programs
- Unconventional and tripod supported positions
- Surgical shooting skills
- Obstacle clearance techniques
- Known and unknown distance target engagements from 70-500 yards
- Law Enforcement Sniper Qualification Course
- Night Operations and the use of IR lasers
- Individual equipment set-up and management
This course will contain 30 hours of instruction.
Need this course POST certified for your state? Contact us to learn how.