Wind Reading Seminar Equipment List
This being a wind reading clinic, we’re going to want some specific tools to learn from, but luckily we’ve got a slew of instruments for your to use, courtesy of our friends at Gunwerks. Hit us up if you’d like to purchase one, we’ll be happy to offer a discount code for you! As for the rest of your shooting gear, it’s pretty basic stuff if you’ve been shooting for a while. This being a wind clinic, we’ll be doing a lot of prone shooting, working on eliminating as many variables from the shot as possible so we can focus on the wind call itself. Nothing super special with gear, outside of a bubble level which is mandatory for this course.
Overall, if there’s ANY question on the gear listed here, please don’t hesitate to reach out and ask us.
- A precision rifle capable of shooting at least 1 Minute of Angle groups at 100 yards.
- A magnified optic with exposed target-style turrets. (Bring your manual and tools!)
- A scope bubble level. (If it’s not installed, don’t worry, we’ll do that in class.)
- 2x Magazines (If your rifle uses detachable magazines.)
- A bipod, capable of Left/Right cant adjustments.
- A rifle sling. (We recommend the Magpul MS1 Sling.)
(We have a lot of this gear available for shared/loaned use during the course.)
- Laser Rangefinder
- Spotting Scope
- Shooting Tripod
- The Hornady 4 DOF Ballistic Solver application on your smartphone.
- Shooting mat (If you really need one….)
- Rear shooting support. (We recommend the Armageddon Gear Pint-Sized Gamechanger Bag)
- Rifle cleaning kit. (Watch this video here for what we recommend.)
- Notebook with pen, pencil, and black sharpie marker.
- Daypack capable of hauling all your range gear. (We recommend the Stone Glacier Kiowa bag.)
There is no such thing as bad weather, only a poor choice in clothing.
- Clothing appropriate for the weather. (We recommend a merino wool hooded sun shirt, long baggy pants, and a floppy hat.)
- Folding chair
- Water (Plan on consuming at least 1 gallon per day.)
- Food for lunch, and snacks if you need them.
Looking for the rest of the courses?
This is an equipment list for one of our In-person seminars. For more information about the courses and training that we offer, visit our main page.